Helping You Obtain the Rest You Need
Did you know that obstructive sleep apnea is a common and very serious disorder? Patients who suffer from sleep apnea stop breathing for a minimum of 10 seconds or more. If you experience sleep apnea, you probably have a history of snoring and restless nights. In addition, you may wake up several times during the night when your tongue or throat muscles block your airway. To improve your ability to achieve restful sleep speak with Dr. Hobbs about sleep apnea treatment.
Sleep Apnea Treatment
At DentaCare, we offer preventive sleep apnea treatment through the use of a custom oral device. Similar in appearance to a night guard, this device is worn at night while you sleep. The goal of this treatment is to position your jaws in a way that prevents your throat muscles from collapsing and occluding (closing off) your airway.
You should consider treatment if Dr. Hobbs diagnoses you with sleep apnea. This disorder can result in a wide variety of uncomfortable and serious side effects, including:
- Deprivation of oxygen to your brain while you sleep, which signals your body to wake up, increasing your heart rate. Untreated, this can result in an enlarged heart or cardiomyopathy
- Your significant other may suffer from restlessness as a result of your snoring
- You may have trouble concentrating during the day, which can affect your ability to work or to drive safely
- You may feel moody as a result of sleep apnea
- Healthy amounts of sleep promote full-body health – by avoiding treatment, you may leave your body more susceptible to illness
Is Sleep Apnea Treatment Right For Me?
Sleep apnea treatment is right for every patient who is diagnosed with this disorder. This treatment is also important if your significant other suffers from negative effects, such as poor sleep due to your chronic snoring. To schedule a sleep apnea consultation, call DentaCare in Longview, TX, at (903) 758-5921. We also have an office in Tyler, TX, to provide excellent dental care to even more patients.